Monday, June 18, 2012

Baby Update . . .

Challenging. Humbling. BUT encouraging. That would describe what our lives have been like since the last blog post a month ago. I have been debating weather or not to share what we've experienced the past month. Even though I like to blog to allow family and friends to keep up with us this somehow seemed too personal. A month that shows life is sometimes hard.  But it is real life. I think about people's blog entries and Facebook posts that make it appear that their lives are just flawless and perfect and always FUN. But you know, that is not really REAL. I share with the hope our experiences over the past month will encourage you, and also to say thank you for all of the prayers and support we have received from so many of you. 
I will spare all the details, but  3 weeks ago after a weeks stay in the hospital I have been put on strict bed rest-most likely for the rest of my pregnancy. Strict as in... bed, couch, bathroom. That is it, besides the quick 10 minute shower I get every other day and the weekly check up at the doctor. With this comes the realization that I have to depend on others to do a lot of the things I have been looking forward to like decorating the nursery and also for help with everyday tasks (no lifting allowed).  I went in the hospital at 26 weeks pregnant and now have 11 weeks to go until the Sept. 2nd due date. So that is a little over three months confined to the house. As fun as no work, watching tv and playing on the computer for 3 months may seem...it is not as fun as you would think. With it comes a lot of extra work for my sweet husband and family - doing everything imaginable for me (and without a complaint). Y'all are AMAZING!  I miss interacting with people like I do on a "normal" day, miss going to church and even miss work. With all that said it is without a doubt totally worth it, and I am confident the down side, challenges and inconveniences of it all will completely be erased the moment I get to hold my sweet baby boy! And it is worth it now every time I feel him move or get a good report from a check up.  But at the same time day to day can be challenging and with all of this brings concerns about many things from getting things done around the house to job security, etc. With all that said, we know God has a purpose in all of it and  want to make sure we don't miss out on all that God desires to teach us through this season. We wouldn’t be here if we had nothing to gain from it. 
I feel God at work. Challenging times are interesting. It is only in a season like this that I get what I constantly pray for: and intense relationship with Him where I can sense his presence and where His Word is life and breathe to me. Where the cross is so much dearer. Where His Spirit seems so much nearer. Where I love him more than anything I can see or touch. 
 I have been reminded just how powerful prayer is. For all of you who have been praying: I want you to know that WE HAVE FELT IT and are deeply grateful. We have needed the prayers and are so thankful for those who continue to pray for us daily. I want to encourage you in your faith by telling those of you who have been praying that your prayers have truly made a difference. We are also thankful for all of you who have sent cards, called, visited, or offered to bring a meal. You have NO idea how much this encourages us and helps us out. I will admit, as silly as it may sound, that it was hard to accept the help at first, especially when you are so used to doing things for yourself and your own way (that is pride I guess), but we have needed it and all of you have been a tremendous blessing.  


I have been studying and clinging to this verse, and even though I struggle to believe it all the time, I want to be able to say with confidence:

I have learned to be content in whatever circumstances I am. I know both how to have a little, and I know how to have a lot. In any and all circumstances, I have learned the secret of being content-whether well fed or hungry, whether in abundance or in need. I am able to do ALL things through him that gives me strength. Philippians 4:11-13





4D Ultrasound at 29 weeks and 1 day - Sweetest cheeks I have ever seen...







No comments:

Post a Comment