Thursday, May 17, 2012

Busy Month of May

May has been super busy for the Blounts and we are looking forward to capping it off with a trip to the beach for Memorial Day Weekend. I cannot wait to get away for a few days and soak up the sun and RELAX. A mini vacation is much needed for these parents to be.

ROLL TIDE
My sister Rachel graduated from UA with a Bachelors of Arts in Communicative Disorders and minor in Human Development on May 5th.  We are waiting to find out what her next step will be... possibly grad school.  I am confident God has the perfect plan and future for her lined up, so wherever this next season of her life leads I know it will be awesome. We are proud of you Rach!






ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY


Andrew and I celebrated our one year anniversary on May 14th. We have truly been blessed with an awesome first year. I am so thankful to have such an amazing husband and soon -to- be Daddy to Holt!
We celebrated by going to dinner at Bento and to the movie Lucky One.

We saved the top of  the Bride's cake from the wedding and it has been sitting in our freezer for the past 365 days. It was so good the day of the wedding but we did not figure it would be good one year later...and we were right.
Being pregnant and wanting to enjoy the cake...I ordered a fresh replica. It was just as good as I remember!



Andrew didn't smash it in my face like he did at our reception!


MOTHER'S DAY

I turned 24 weeks pregnant on Mother's Day.  Holt (via Andrew) surprised me with a manicure and pedicure that is MUCH needed. Having a baby on the way has made Mother's day extra special this year, and I know Father's day will be a sweet day for Andrew. The best gift though, was feeling Holt moving in my belly and to know that we have a precious baby boy on the way. We can't wait to hold and love on this sweet miracle!


On a side note: Andrew and I went to Old Navy so I could find a swimsuit for the beach ( I was finally successful...yay!) We were the first customers in the store, and upon noticing my bump a clerk led me along a "paper' red carpet they had laid out, handed me a rose and stuck a sticker on my belly that said "My Mommy Rocks".  All of this in celebration of Mother's Day Weekend. It caught me off guard, and gave me the giggles. Andrew and I got a good laugh out of it, but as silly as it was it did make me feel special!

(looking gross... no shower!!)

CAR SWAP
When I say car swap, I am serious. We have played musical cars. My Dad bought my Camry and we traded in Andrew's truck (long story) on a Mommy Vehicle for me. I got a 2010 Chevy Equinox and I love it. Only thing that will make it complete is to have my sweet baby riding in the back seat!


Now we are on the hunt for Andrew's truck. My brother Brad is in Africa for the next 3-6 months (more on that below) and so Andrew is able to use his truck in the meantime. Thanks Brad for the ride!


It was bitter sweet to say bye to the truck (even though that might seem silly) ...but it carried some fun memories from a Ski Trip in North Carolina to our Engagement...

BRAD IN AFRICA

My Brother Brad left on Wednesday for Harvest Mission School in Africa. He will be there for the next 3-6 months. His story and testimony are awesome. He has come so far... from a life in college consumed with drugs and alcohol to a life now changed and sold out for Christ!
God tells us in his word to GO into ALL the earth, that His house may be full! Iris Harvest School of Missions is preparation for harvesting the nations. For this purpose Iris Ministries offers international, three-month missions training schools based in Pemba on the north coast of Mozambique.

You can check out the website and follow Brad's Blog Here:

http://www.irismin.org/missions/harvest/

http://www.bradholt06.blogspot.com/
Some pics from a family get together before Brad left...








KIDS ON THE ROCK

We have had a fun year with our second graders at KOTR. On Wednesday we wrapped up our Spring semester. We will be taking a break from teaching in the Fall when Holt arrives. It was a huge blessing to be able to share Jesus with these kids on Wednesday nights. I hope we made as much of an impact on them as they did on us.







No comments:

Post a Comment