Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Something To Ponder...


                                                                
 Sobering thought huh? 
I was doing a Bible Study with some girls a few months ago called "No Other Gods" (Awesome study by the way...I highly recommend it) . We were talking about how living in the United States is a blessing in many ways. We have access to healthcare, education, transportation, housing, entertainment and sooo many other things a majority of people in the world do not have. But it is also a challenge in many ways because there are so many "things" that can take your focus away from your walk with the Lord and onto yourself.  I started thinking about how people who live in poor countries have a benefit over us in that they have not been bombarded with the "want" factor we face here. Andrew and I have both had the opportunity to do mission work in some of the poorest parts of Mexico. In the eyes of most people they would be considered to have have "nothing" as far as material things and healthcare, and education  compared to our country. The amazing part is this... they were the happiest people we have ever met!
Matthew 6: 19-21
Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and where theives break in and  steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven where moth and rust do not destroy and where theives do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is there  your heart will be also.

No comments:

Post a Comment